cities for christ
Cities for Christ missionaries are expected to conduct themselves with the highest standards of integrity and morality. Mission trips are an opportunity for teams to grow in their faith and to view all people with a high degree of love and respect. There will be opportunities to pray, sing, speak, listen, comfort, and serve God and the people we encounter.
Our mission is dedicated to saving souls around the world and YOU are part of this mission. The following items serve:
as guidelines during our mission trips. As a Cities for Christ missionary, you are expected to:
1. Provide a positive attitude, project a willing heart to serve, and maintain respectful relationship with all team members.
2. Travel to impoverished areas where there could be unexpected circumstances, despite our best efforts to be fully prepared. Being patient and supportive while we work through any presenting issues is necessary.
3. Make sure you have a buddy or someone else who knows where you are at all times. You should never leave the group or wander off alone at any time while on mission.
4. Refrain from criticizing, complaining, or making any comments related to personal preferences, food or the accommodations. Always demonstrate respect for the region’s culture, acting with sensitivity, tolerance, respect, and impartiality toward others.
5. Demonstrate a flexible attitude and a willingness to work as a team, placing your own personal wants aside to be a valuable servant to those in need. Cities for Christ staff members are there to help support you and others whenever possible; simply ask for help.
6. As a team, we stay together, including leaving in the mornings at the same time and working and supporting one another throughout the day and the night, if needed. Some unique situations may arise and will be communicated accordingly. Be mindful to ask others who may be in need of help, a break, a meal, a hug, or a prayer.
7. Abstain from the use of tobacco, tobacco products, drugs, excessive alcohol intake, and from using inappropriate, derogatory, or foul language for obvious reasons. We are to be examples of Jesus Christ, not conduct ourselves as sinful men.
8.Missionaries should will wear business-casual attire for evening church services. Collared shirts with buttons will be worn by the men; women need to consider modesty at all times and should avoid tight or see-through shirts or tops without appropriate undergarments, or any tops with low plunging necklines that reveal a cleavage.